Choosing a specific manufacturer can, however, be a challenging decision. There are many good membrane switch suppliers to choose from and you may not know which one will serve your needs.
That’s what this guide aims to help you with. We have compiled a list of the top 10 membrane switch manufacturers and suppliers in China today, giving you a glimpse into what makes them stand out. Let’s dive in and see what these membrane switch manufacturers are all about.
An Overview of the Membrane Switch Industry
Before we get into the list of top 10 membrane switch suppliers, it’s important to highlight a few basics. This will help you to appreciate the difference in the products and quality you’ll be getting from different manufacturers.
What are Membrane Switches?
Membrane switches are switches where one or both contacts are made using a flexible substrate or attached to one. The switches are made by assembling multiple layers on top of each other.
Each layer serves a different purpose, but the final product is usually a switch with a low profile compared to regular mechanical switches.
How are Membrane Switches Made?
The different layers of membrane switches are manufactured or printed separately before they are sandwiched together.
Some layers have adhesive surfaces to help them stick to others. These switches also require electronic circuits to function. These flexible printed circuits are made by printing conductive ink on a thin sheet of PET. The layers you may find on a standard membrane switch include:
- Graphic Overlay
- Flexible circuit layer
- Adhesive mounting layer
Some manufacturers can provide custom membrane switches with special features such as backlighting and interchangeable overlays.
Backlighting can be achieved by incorporating LEDs, optical fiber, or electroluminescent lamps into the membrane switch. Interchangeable overlays can allow you to customize the user interface of your membrane switch in different ways, e.g., different overlays for different languages.
Membrane Switch Applications
Kitchens are the easiest place to find membrane switches. These switches are used on many appliances including microwave ovens, cookers, coffee machines, and electric pressure cookers.
Medical devices also use these switches thanks to their sealing ability. These devices have to be regularly sterilized using liquid chemicals. Additional application areas include:
- Fitness equipment e.g. treadmills
- Military and defense
- Marine control
- Industrial equipment
- Computing e.g. membrane keyboard
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Membrane Switch Manufacturer
A membrane switch is only as good as the manufacturer that made it. Unfortunately, you cannot expect the same results from different manufacturers. Materials, machines, and quality standards vary significantly in the industry.
1. Manufacturer Reputation
A manufacturer’s reputation says more about them than anything else. Looking into a manufacturer’s reputation will help you assess if they can deliver on the promises they make to you.
Manufacturing at this level represents a significant investment in terms of time and money. The last thing you want to do is waste either by choosing a manufacturer you could easily avoid by listening to their past customers.
2. Material Quality
There are different types and grades of materials that manufacturers use when manufacturing membrane switches. A good manufacturer may still be unable to offer the type of material you need for your membrane switch.
You should consider that different materials have different qualities such as chemical and heat resistance. If your membrane switch is going on a device that will be cleaned using a specific chemical, or a device that will be in harsh environments, you need a material that can withstand that.
Manufacturers and suppliers get certifications after their facilities or products are inspected or tested by third parties. You may be legally required to work with manufacturers who have specific certifications when sourcing products to ensure they meet certain requirements.
When choosing a manufacturer, ensure that they have certifications that are relevant to your application. This includes ensuring they meet specific quality standards or ensuring their materials are certified as medical or food grade.
Top 10 Membrane Switch Manufacturers in China
The table above offers a summary of the companies in our list of top 10 membrane switch manufacturers and suppliers in China. These companies have ranked highly in areas such as product quality, market share, and their ability to meet the needs of a global customer base.
|No. of Employees
|51 – 100
|51 – 200
|70 – 150
|TKM (Dongguan) Membrane Tech
|Hengli Town, Dongguan
|50 – 100
|Xiamen MingCai Electronic Tech
|50 – 100
|Meiborui (Xianghe) Electronic Information Tech
|150 – 200
|Ningbo Bolin Electronics Technology
|100 – 150
|51 – 100
|CIXI Membrane Switch Factory
|51 – 100
|Dongguan Luphi Electronics Technology
|80 – 120
1. Hongju Silicone Co., LTD
Hongju Silicone was founded in 1999 and is a leading manufacturer of silicone rubber products. This company boasts a sizeable foreign market that includes North America, Europe, and even the Middle East.
Hongju Silicone is a one-stop shop for high-quality rubber products and they work with a long list of materials that include food-grade silicone rubber that is FDA-approved. The company can design and manufacture silicone rubber keypads suitable for applications in industries including:
- Home appliances
- Heavy equipment
- Food and beverage
- Medical equipment
The benefits of working with Hongju Silicone include:
- A competitive price
- Quick turnaround times for orders
- Products undergo strict quality control
- Support from English-speaking staff
- The company can’t offer on-site inspections.
- Smaller product range.
Ask for Instant Quote
Contact us for quick cost information!
2. Huaisong Industrial Co., LTD
Huaisong Industrial is located in the city of Dongguan. This company was started in 2010 when it was known as the membrane switch division of the DC Group. In 2016, the company officially became Huaisong Industrial.
This company is another leading manufacturer of membrane switches and has a long list of customers which includes big-name companies like Xiaomi.
HuaiSong can meet a wide range of customer demands in terms of color, tactile feel, and overall appearance of a membrane switch. The company’s products include membrane keypads, graphics overlays, and membrane switch panels.
- The company has an experienced team in both their production and design departments.
- HuaiSong Industrial boasts a good production capacity that includes diverse equipment to help them meet unique customer needs.
- The company has both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certification.
- Only started manufacturing HMI interfaces in 2016.
- Small product range
3. Niceone-Tech Co., LTD
Niceone-Tech is yet another company founded in 2010. The company currently employs approximately 70 employees and has become a leader in the manufacture of membrane switches and rubber keypads.
Niceone is located in Dongguan City. It offers a long list of human-machine interface products including metal dome switches, membrane keypads, waterproof membrane switches, and PCB membrane switches.
Niceone-tech was initially focused on conducting R&D in the electronics accessories industry before switching to manufacturing. Today, 35% of the company’s profits are invested in R&D, training of new talent, and production.
Niceone-tech makes significant efforts to ensure their employees have a good working and living environment.
- Ability to make membrane switches for unique applications including control panels for marine environments.
- The company uses a 5-step system process from membrane switch design to manufacturing to ensure the right product is made.
- Niceone-Tech offers a comprehensive after-sales service to ensure that any issues that come up when products are in use are addressed.
- Initial samples take 10 – 15 working days to deliver.
- No external certifications are shown on the website.
4. TKM(Dongguan) Membrane Technology Co., LTD
TKM(Dongguan) became 10 years old in 2023. In the 10 years that it has existed, it has positioned itself as a leading manufacturer of membrane switches and associated technology including backlighting solutions.
The company has already attained both ISO 9001 and ROHS certifications. The products from this company are tested for function, wear, and life endurance to ensure any product that leaves its doors can meet its customers’ needs.
Whether you need touch screens for your devices, a silicone rubber keypad, or a flexible membrane switch, you won’t go wrong with TKM(Dongguan).
- The team is highly experienced in the manufacture of membrane switches for electronic devices.
- The company can produce a wide range of products and can be your one-stop shop.
- The company has experience delivering products worldwide.
- The company website isn’t very responsive.
- Has less experience than other companies on the list.
5. Xiamen Mingcai Electronic Technology Co. LTD
Xiamen Mingcai is located in the city of Xiamen and they too manufacture membrane switches.
Xiamen Mingcai has a robust production system that includes 12 screen-printing machines – 3 automatic and 9 semi-automatic. They also have 7 laser engravers.
The company’s product list is much longer than that of others on this list. These products include membrane keyboards, PCB membrane switches, screen-printed graphic overlays, self-adhesive labels, lapel pins, and PET film.
The company also has an in-house laboratory where customers’ products are quality tested before delivery.
- Large production capacity
- Experienced team
- 24/7 on the phone assistance
- The company’s focus is split among multiple products.
6. Meiborui (Xianghe) Electronic Information Technology Co., LTD
Meiborui Xianghe is one of the most experienced companies on this list with a history that goes back to 1990. It is also known as Beijing Membrane Switch Manufacture Company.
Over its long history, Meiborui(Xianghe) has worked with large companies on the international stage including Siemens and Haier. The company’s commitment to quality has earned it an ISO 9001 certification.
Meiborui(Xianghe) currently employs approximately 200 people. This large staff is needed to help the company produce membrane switches for various industries including consumer electronics, instrument panels, and industrial equipment.
Meiborui(Xianghe) has experience working on major state-owned projects including the Three Gorges project.
- Working with a company that has many years of experience meeting the needs of international customers.
- They use many modern machines and methods to produce their membrane switch products.
- Has established lasting relationships with many suppliers.
- The company’s growth has been outpaced by much younger companies.
7. Ningbo Bolin Electronics Technology Co., LTD
Bolin Electronics Technology was started in 1988. It is located in the city of Bolin.
Ningbo Bolin has a rich catalog of products that includes membrane switches, graphic overlays, backlighting solutions, flexible circuits, and conductive rubber keypads. The company has also been working on touch panels since 2002.
The company has worked with big-name brands like SONY and Samsung in the past. It assembles its membrane switches in a clean room where it employs more than 60 experts.
- The company has a large team of professionals including engineers and other technical personnel.
- The company has experience producing products for both the local and international markets.
- The company has machines for quality testing of their products including testing the life cycles of their switches and the adhesives used in their products.
- No international certifications are mentioned on the company’s website.
The ElecFlex company specializes in the production of membrane switches, capacitive touch products, heavy-duty keypads, etc.
ElecFlex is located in Nanjing City in Southeast China. This company has been supplying keypads for the export market for more than 15 years.
ElecFlex’s team has a very technical background. This allows it to produce high-quality products such as heavy-duty keypads, capacitive touch interfaces, and mass screen printing services.
The company’s plant has attained ISO 9001 certification.
- The promise of short lead times
- Good product options to choose from
- Free samples
- Contact office for clients in North America
- Only offers LED backlighting solutions for membrane switches.
- The company works on many different product types
9. CIXI Membrane Switch Factory Co., LTD
CIXI Membrane Switch Factory has been operating since 1995. It produces membrane switches, graphic overlays or custom labels, keypads, and junction boxes.
In this company’s business model, 51 to 60 percent of their products are exported. They have a workforce of between 51 and 100 personnel to keep up with demand.
The company has at least five and as many as 10 people working on quality control at all times to ensure their products meet the mark.
- They can make deliveries within 15 working days during peak seasons
- They have 5 production lines available
- They are an ISO 9001-certified company
- No free samples for prospective clients
- May not be a good fit for smaller customers due to the company’s size.
10. Dongguan Luphi Electronics Technology Co., LTD
The final entry in this list is a leading manufacturer established in 2008, Dongguan Luphi Electronics.
Located in Dongguan, Dongguan Luphi Electronics Co. has made a name for itself in the manufacture of membrane switches and other electronic components of user interfaces.
Today the company has three ISO certifications including an ISO13485 for the manufacture of medical quality membrane switches. Their products have ended up in many industries and are used in household appliances, vehicles, telecommunication equipment, etc.
- Experience serving international clientele in North America and Europe
- The company uses the highest quality material in its manufacturing
- State-of-the-art manufacturing process
- Getting personalized service may be a challenge as the company has varying interests.
- The company has interests in diverse industries including software development.
Membrane switches may be the part of your device that consumers interact with the most. It is important to choose a manufacturer whose products will leave a great impression.
This list of top 10 membrane switch manufacturers has some of the best options you can try today.
Although cost is a common concern, to avoid disappointment, you should also consider additional factors including a manufacturer’s commitment to quality control and their experience working with international clients.
Why Choose Hongju Silicone For Your Membrane Switch Needs?
Hongju Silicone has a reputation that goes back more than 20 years. The company has a long history of meeting the specific needs of its customers and delivering good quality products at bargain prices. If you’re thinking about getting a membrane keypad or similar custom products, the experts at Hongju Silicone can guide you along this path, ensuring you get a product that’s worth your investment.
Ask for Instant Quote
Contact us for quick cost information!